Gardener Supplies Willdflower Instant Matting
Email Sales@gardenersupplies.co.uk for price
Gardener Supplies Wildflower Instant Matting is a low maintenance and easy to install mix of grasses and wildflowers grown in a substrate. Thanks to their growth in a special substrate, the Gardener Supplies Wildflower Instant Matting ensures fast and effective establishment, giving you instant results in your site area. This product helps enhance biodiversity in the area of application by attracting a wide range of insects and wildlife, with long-flowering displays that provide a long-term wildflower solution. To avoid drying out, we recommend installing Gardener Supplies Wildflower Instant Matting on the day of delivery. This product can be used effectively in a variety of environments including domestic gardens, prize lawns, golf courses and other specialist areas.
Gardener Supplies Wildflower Instant Matting Traditional is a blend of 31 native wildflowers and 3 grasses typically found in an old fashioned hay meadow.
Ideal for a sunny spot where a low maintenance and lots of biodiversity can combine to create a relaxed feel.
Please note Gardener Supplies Willdflower Instant Matting - Available from MAY 2021
Gardener Supplies Willdflower Instant Matting Sold per square metre.
Gardener Supplies Wildflower Instant Matting Key Characteristics & Benefits
- Enhances biodiversity in area of application
- Prefers to grow in full sun and moist, but well drained low fertility soil. It is happy on level surfaces or slopes. Happiest in a fairly neutral pH but will tolerate all but the most acidic or alkaline soils.
- Quick and easy to install
- Grown in a special substrate to provide quicker establishment
- Low maintenance product requiring only one cut a year after seed has set
- The majority of plant species in Gardener Supplies Wildflower Instant Matting Traditional are perennial. That means that if they are happy in your garden they will grow back year after year.
- Flowering Time: May - July (depending on local weather conditions).
- Gardener Supplies Wildflower Instant Matting Traditional is mown before despatch to minimise damage to plants. It will not be in flower when it is delivered.
- For flowers in its first season, install Gardener Supplies Wildflower Instant Matting Traditional before the end of march to allow plants to establish.
- A standard roll of Gardener Supplies Wildflower Instant Matting Traditional covers 1 square metre of prepared soil and weights up to 25Kg. We recommend having two people to install it.
- The balance of plant species is affected by soil type, management, pollinator populations and local climatic conditions.
- Your Gardener Supplies Wildflower Instant Matting Traditional will change appearance from year to year, which is one of the reasons we love it so much.
Maintaining Traditional Wildflower Matting requires a different approach to any other type of gardening. Fertilisers and pesticides can stay in the shed - you won't be needing those. Neither will you need your lawn mower. Meadowmat can be left to grow unchecked between March and August. At the end of summer it is cut back to a height of 10 - 15 cm and all vegetation is removed. Mow once or twice in autumn to remove excess growth and leave over winter and your Traditional Meadowmat will naturally start growing when the soils warm up in spring.
Traditional Wildflower Matting Contains Native Grasses
- Sheep's Fescue, Slender Creeping Red Fescue, Crested Dogstail
Traditional Wildflower Matting Contains native Wildflowers
- Autumn hawkbit, Betony, Birdsfoot Trefoil, Bladder Campion, Catsear, Common Knapweed, Common Sorrel, Common St Johns Wort, Common toadflax, Common Vetch, ,Cowslip, Daisy, Field Scabious, Lady's Bedstraw, Meadow Buttercup, Meadow Cranesbill, Meadowsweet, Musk Mallow, Ragged Robin, Red Campion, Red Clover, Ribwort Plantain, Rough Hawkbit, Salad Burnet, Selfheal, Tufted Vetch, White Campion, Wild Carrot, Wild Marjoram, Yarrow, Yellow Rattle